Name Change on Business Owner has been denied 6 times!

Skeletonkeymfg
New Community Member

I've been trying to change the business owner's name for 5 months now (business name remains the same), all the call center reps I've talked to have been inconsistent and each one say the documents I provided 'look good' you should be 'good to go', yet compliance sends an email 4 weeks later declining the change. I've submitted about 5 or 6 different tickets, because every time they decline I have to open a new one, they can't leave open the one ticket.  I've submitted a written request on company letter head,proof of  busines licenses with the owners name, bank account info with the owners name and business name, owners tax docs with social, the new owners ID.  I really don't know what else to do or submit since the I can't get anyone in the compliance area to talk to me.  Each time I submit a new ticket its another 3-4 weeks.  I can't close this account because of an outstanding W9 that needs submitted, original 1099k has my name but the owners TIN/EID... A name change would fix this but I keep getting declined.  I'm stuck!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

search past threads in this forum,I dont think you can change the name of the person who owns this account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

past threads -organisation where the treasuer name is in the account and he left but they can remove him and add a different person.

pAYPAL is more suitable for indviduals, with SS number and sole proprietorship etc

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.