My bank account type is automatically CHECKING

hanveyma
Contributor
Contributor

Will someone please help me? I followed all the instructions to link my LBP Savings Account to my Paypal but I wasn't asked whether my account type was 'checking' or 'savings'. I looked it up on Customer Support and it said that at the bottom right of the 'Link a Bank Account' page, I will be able to see a button that will allow me to do this. But it is not there!

I withdrew some money about a week ago and realized the delay was too much. I finally figured out what was wrong but I couldn't seem to find any solutions on the internet.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is two ways to add/verify bank.  One is where you use your online banking login for instant verification and the other is where you click "I use a different bank" to manually enter bank details where you select bank account type and enter bank acct # and routing number and then you wait for the test deposits and enter them in the bank in the wallet page.

Is you bank account still linked/verified?  If there is a transaction pending you cannot remove bank account until everything is complete.  If you remove bank, wait some time about a week to try and add it again.  If it doesn't let you add it again, contact PayPal customer service in your region to reset that bank account so you can add it again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

MechaHerc

same with me..

Login to Me Too

MAGICMIME
Contributor
Contributor

it's also the reason why paypal always refer to ad a checking account

Login to Me Too

CyrilFighter
Contributor
Contributor

I just linked my bank account to Paypal and it also says CHECKING.

How to change it to savings? Did you solve your problem already? Thank you.

I hope someone helpes me too. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

it does not matter whether it is checking or saving,bank transfer would tackle both .

Login to Me Too

JordanJozsef
New Community Member

I think it means PayPay is checking wheter it's valid or not. I wanted to withdraw my funds and it said it might tight 24 hours, because I just added the bank account. We just need to wait, but since this topic is almost a year old, you probably should know that.

Login to Me Too

Jecha1988
New Community Member

Have you successfully withdrawn funds though it shows checking? I have recently added my savings account and encountered the same issue. I haven't withdrawn funds yet because I'm uncertain if it's going to work. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.