My account has been completely locked and i do not know why, Please help!

themetaai
Contributor
Contributor

On June 23rd, during the steam sale I got a game for $17. last night, june 27th, i tried to buy another game. instead of going through with the transaction a notification said-

"Your purchase has not been completed. The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

So i went to my paypal to see what was wrong and got this notification-

"You can't use PayPal anymore At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we can no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, at which point we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Reference # PP-004-913-919-161"

does anyone know why this would happen and/or how to fix it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't fix it.  You had activity inconsisten with user agreement.  That will get your account closed without warning.

Without know all of your previous actions and transactions there is no way to offer a reason.  You would need to look very carefully at your recent transactions, especial virtual items, seller sites, specific buyers and seller with whom you had relationships.  Just having a relationship with a suspicious buyer/seller will create problems.

In any case, it's too late to fix.

If you need more help you would need to phone PayPal customer support for information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.