Minimum age & Account funds

RFYK
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, I had a problem recently with my paypal account.

I`ll be straight forward: I am under 18, (I`m 16, 17 in a month). As I work as a freelance programmer, I use paypal to withdraw money to my bank account.

What happened yesterday was that I received a payment of $1.200 for a project I had worked on, and paypal instantly sent me an email saying that I now had more than $1.000 and needed to verify my account. Ok, I sent the files (ID, Proof of Address), but then I reminded that they might not accept that I`m under 18. And this happened. 

They sent me an email saying that I`m under 18 and they can`t have me here. then they said that they have transferred all my paypal funds to my linked bank account (which is verified, as well as my card). Ok, that was a relief.

But then I could log in to my paypal again, and the relief went away. I saw all my funds (when I used to withdraw, the balance removed the funds immediatly) and my card wasn`t verified anymore (?). Now I`m afraid I might not get my money because of that. Can someone help me here? I already tried to send a message from the solution centre, but they haven`t replied yet. I really need my money! It`s not fair to close my account with it.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

RFYK
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted them through facebook and if they can't resolve there it I will call them. I would know that my account limit was $1.000 if they told me that, but they didn't. I never knew i had a limit, as I had withdrawn before.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RFYK

Well its not fair that you open a paypal account under 18 and ignore all paypal rules is it??

If you have clicked to withdraw funds and they have not processed to your bank account then you may need to contact customer services and see if they will release them for you.

They are under no obligation to do so though as you were using a payment receiver and accepting payments against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RFYK
Contributor
Contributor

I understand, @kernowlass, but I am not making any harm to them in any way. I understand the reason to close my account, but I would not understant the reason to steal my money.

I can't withdraw because my account is limited. When I sent the files to make it unlimited again, they checked the age and sent me that email saying they would deposit my funds to my linked bank account, but they didn't do it till now (that was yesterday), and I can still see my funds in my account.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

when Paypal restricts an account,they could hold the fund for 180 days in case someone like the sender/buyer file dispute or chargeback.

You should call Paypal and ask what is happening to your account and your Paypal fund?

You not only break the rule,you also did not do your homework,you should know your account limit ($1000 ).

Login to Me Too
Solved

RFYK
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted them through facebook and if they can't resolve there it I will call them. I would know that my account limit was $1.000 if they told me that, but they didn't. I never knew i had a limit, as I had withdrawn before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.