Messed up in Identity Verification

Boured
Contributor
Contributor
I'm 17 and I use Paypal for it's security and I trust this place to handle some of my money and purchases. Though today I thought I would finally add funds to my paypal balance. I saw no problem and was led through the steps and I entered everything only to find out that my birth year (2000) wasn't selectable. So I made the brilliant (Not) decision to just select 1999 and submit and of course I get a problem saying they can't verify my identity and I would need to go to the resolution center. I have all the stuff but they are expecting the birth year to be 1999 and not 2000. How do I fix this, did I just **bleep** myself over getting verified?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You violated PayPal policy by attempting to sign up before 18.  Nothing to do now other than wait until you're 18 and hope that the incorrect date isn't permanent or you will never be able to provide sufficient identity documentation.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You violated PayPal policy by attempting to sign up before 18.  Nothing to do now other than wait until you're 18 and hope that the incorrect date isn't permanent or you will never be able to provide sufficient identity documentation.

Login to Me Too

Boured
Contributor
Contributor

Guess I didn't see that when I signed up, my bad. I don't like breaking rules so I'll be closing my account then. Just need to transfer things to my bank.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your account is locked until you turn 18.  You'll need to contact PayPal after you turn 18 to see if you can unlock your accont.

Login to Me Too

Boured
Contributor
Contributor
That's fine, thank you for your answer 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.