Message received "Your account has been limited until we hear from you"

dry320
Contributor
Contributor

Right up front I don't use computers a lot, I am sort of old school at the age of 59. Mostly for friends, and acquaintances I make small memorial, and commemorative plaques.  I operate by "word of mouth" yeah that is an old school term. I dont advertise at all, and I use recycled materials (WOOD). I set up a paypal account at the request of a few of my friends as a convenient way to receive payment.

On November 10th 2017 I received the message from paypal "Your account has been limited until we hear from you" What was requested was receipts of where I bought my materials, and also requested was the URL of where I advertised to sell.  Neither one of these exist< because I use recycled materials that are easily available free, and I don't advertise. I am disabled and confined to a wheelchair, and I can only produce 4 or 5 a month, that is another reason I don't advertise.

Today is 1/27/18 and I haven't heard back. I carefully explained the situation at least 5 times. I never had a customer complaint. I am totally lost about what is going on. All I want to do is fix the problem and move on. Hopefully with paypal as a tool for me to use.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
When you say you carefully explained the situation, did you do that through the resolution center, or was that with phone reps?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

dry320
Contributor
Contributor

I replied by sending the information to a link they supplied. I never spoke with anyone. When I check the status it says it is pending. I am totally confused because there were no complaints, and after dozens of transactions they demand links where I was selling, and receipts for my supplies. I thought that was rather invasive. No reason was ever given for this action being taken.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It's all because of security and risk tolerance. Something about your products flagged their system. It could be that you reached a particular amount of sales, it could be something about the items in general, or any other number of things. What are the products you are selling?

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

dry320
Contributor
Contributor

I make small memorial, and commemorative plaques. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dry320,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation, and about the length of time it's taken. While there is typically a delay from the time information is submitted to the time it is reviewed, the length of time you've waited may be an indication that something went wrong. Please reach out to customer support to ask them to check the status of the limitation and ensure that it gets reviewed. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this gets resolved swiftly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

dry320
Contributor
Contributor

I was totally confused because there were no buyer complaints, or problems. Paypal was objecting because they wanted to know what the money transactions were for. When I explained carefully five times I received no response.  Based solely on paypal wanting to know what I was selling my account was effectively shut down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.