C_Frank33304
New Community Member

I might be alone here, but I HATE so called "user friendly" designs... No 2 people are alike; PayPal's web development department was clearly living on a different planet with the "new" user interface. Your simple = my aggravation. I've been able steer clear of PayPal all together since... until now, ugh!!!

So before I start spending hours looking through FAQ's & online support documents (which it seems solely exist because companies want to create new ways to "excite us" over their belt tightening: I think I'm going to get rid of all those people who work on the third floor to build an executive juice bar... hmm, I'll replace all of those question answering customer service phone Representative with computers that sound like my ex-wife and endless help files & forums that take so long to navigate that customers will forget their question after a day or two anyway) is there a way to log in directly to the "CLASSIC SITE?"

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

PhoebeDM
New Community Member
Community Member Posts: 1 Kudos: 0 Accepted Solutions: 0 Re: Log Into Classic Site ‎08-09-2016 09:27 AM Do you know how to confirm a card using the new website? I can't seem to find it and I need to confirm my card the soonest.
Login to Me Too

Ddarlington36

My advice use the classic site , goto wallet > link new card >  click confirm > done 

Login to Me Too

pappygti
New Community Member

Thanks Ron!  You're awesome!!!  Your steps worked great and I was able to view my activity in classic view which allows you to archive activity.   Only issue is the archived activity only applies if viewing it from the classic site too.  As soon as you login to the new site or the app again, the the archive doesn't carry over.  O well.  At least your help got me there and I was able to try it out.  Thanks again!

Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Nepe
Contributor
Contributor

It's gone!

Login to Me Too

elgnarc
Contributor
Contributor
Does not work
Login to Me Too

MonicaV
New Community Member

I "discovered" this link: https://history.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=_history. It is the PayPal History page, which kinda makes sense because the site has been relegated to history, hasn't it? Anyway, after logging in, you will get the Classic Site.

Login to Me Too

Nepe
Contributor
Contributor

I get *Fatal Failure* when I use that link.

@MonicaV wrote:

I "discovered" this link: https://history.paypal.com/webscr?cmd=_history. It is the PayPal History page, which kinda makes sense because the site has been relegated to history, hasn't it? Anyway, after logging in, you will get the Classic Site.

Login to Me Too

Fenclare
Spot on 👍🏻
Login to Me Too

JaredMC
Contributor
Contributor

I do not like the new site and I cannot yet see any details of my pending transactions!  I can only see the details right now after they are paid.  This is not ideal.

The new UI is not polished and lacks the details that I see per transactions that are available on the classic site.

(When you CAN see the details there is a link in the transaction to view the same data on the "Classic" site)

I phoned them (no reply to email) and the customer service was not bad.  I have a ticket logged regarding the fact I cannot see the details about what is pending to be paid - aka Pay After Delivery.

This is about a month of this and as we all know if you have an issue with a transaction that you cannot see and it's paid - good luck getting your money back.

If YOU have an issue you may have to phone them to log a ticket and I know it takes more time to call, but I think the email is also not working right as I received NO responce to an email sent about the same issue and the phone person was there in very short time.

JC

Thanks to MonicaV for that link - and THAT confims that the issue is with the NEW UI version as the pending transactions that I have are viewable on the Classic site via that link in MonicaV post just above mine here.  

Login to Me Too

DennyDaniel
Contributor
Contributor

It is a shame that companies do not listen anymore.

The Spreadsheet view on the classic site (like coke classic) is simply better and the way people do accounting. 

For a business we need that view.

If paypal wants it's new site, great. But they need to still generate the spread sheet classic view for when we do our accounting. Otherwise we have to eventually leave paypal. People find alternatives.

The search using spread sheet allows us to see what sales and purchases we did in an accounting style spread sheet view. Yes that is not bells and whistles like the new view but it is for boring taxes not experience. Keep experience for the home page. keep spread sheet view for businesses and people that need it. 

Please listen to us Paypal. Some want to stay but eventually when it is really gone we will have to leave since we have to file taxes in the USA. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.