Living overseas- how to add overseas address or change country

bigdude
New Community Member

As a user temporarily living overseas I need help with making an overseas credit card work with an account originally created in the US.. Cannot add overseas billing address, change country, or otherwise handle it directly.

I could not find a way to do it anywhere through the interface, or frankly even any decent way to get support on how to do it.

Everything on the site channels to calling Paypal which is not viable where I am. The site provides no other form of direct private communication that I can find offering this forum as the only other choice. Although I suppose this catch 22 doesn't come up often, the lack of a even a webform for support issues on the public site, or at least the post login site seems a pretty bad omission to me.

Does anyone know how this can be done ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bigdude
New Community Member

Found my own answer here just now:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-change-my-PayPal-address-to-another-country-FAQ1434...

Although I understand there are tax laws and it makes sense for accounts recieving payments, it seems unduly restrictive for payments

(the Answer is No you can't).

If Paypal really is an international payment service, being able to pay from multiple countries should me offered. Requiring multiple accounts is not a very usable solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

bigdude
New Community Member

Found my own answer here just now:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-change-my-PayPal-address-to-another-country-FAQ1434...

Although I understand there are tax laws and it makes sense for accounts recieving payments, it seems unduly restrictive for payments

(the Answer is No you can't).

If Paypal really is an international payment service, being able to pay from multiple countries should me offered. Requiring multiple accounts is not a very usable solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.