Linking my debit card to paypal

abd027
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

when i try to link my card to my account this message appear,

"The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer's customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue.
"

I called my bank and they told me they have a policy that any transaction in a foreign country should be in this countrys currency, so the charge should be in dollars instead of euros, is that possible?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For a U. S. PayPal acocunt your linked first to to show your name and same address as on your PayPal account.  Banks can restrict accounts not in the native currency.  International banking regulations will all create issues.

Make sure all linked acocunts use your U. S. address and are from U. S. banks.

Login to Me Too

abd027
Contributor
Contributor

iam not living in usa

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You are posting on a U. S. PayPal Community forum, so the assumption is that you are part of the U. S. community unless you state otherwise.

So why not start over and state the details of country, accounts, and currencies if you want help.

Login to Me Too

abd027
Contributor
Contributor

i am from egypt, currency of my account is us dollar, my problem is with the verification test currency which is in euro and it has to be in dollar to meet my bank requirements.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Still lacking details.  What bank?  Where is it located?

Login to Me Too

abd027
Contributor
Contributor

NBE located in egypt

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@abd027 wrote:

i am from egypt, currency of my account is us dollar, my problem is with the verification test currency which is in euro and it has to be in dollar to meet my bank requirements.

why euro?

are you a US citizen or Egyptian citizen?

did you open your Paypal account in a Euro zone country?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It sounds like your bank does not want to deal with foreign exchange conversion,so if you want to buy something in euro,Paypla will use the real time exchange rate and figure howmuch would it be in US $ and add on 2 1/2% conversion fee and charge that total t o your  card in US $ which is what Paypal is doing now with other PAYPAL accounts.

you may want to check your Paypal profile   how you handle foreign currency transaction ,if you cant find any solution,call Paypal or use a different bank account 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.