Linking Gcash to Paypal

TeacherClaudia
Contributor
Contributor
Good eve. Kindly help me please. I can't link my gcash to paypal. I followed the steps already but there's always a prompt on pre-approved payments
Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What does the prompt say?  Maybe you have to establish preapproved payment link from PayPal to Gcash.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Quartz12345
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, the prompt is probably this "To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN." I followed the steps here https://www.paypal.com/sg/selfhelp/article/How-do-I-reset-my-PIN-for-automatic-payments-FAQ1736 but I cannot find the "Change PIN".

Login to Me Too

biancxz
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem for me.

Login to Me Too

Alvanz0620
New Community Member

Quartz12345
Contributor
Contributor

Hi after a call with 2882, visit to Globe Store booth and read on this link http://cyberpinas.info/2016/12/30/link-gcash-paypal-withdraw-paypal-gcash/: My 2 mistakes are:

I got different emails for GCash and Paypal - I fixed this by going to the Globe Store booth and update my information. This is my mistake, with yours, make sure you have the same personal information entered in both GCash & Paypal, e.g. name, address, etc. just to make sure.

I'm using Android Kitkat (4.4.x) - I used an Android Lollipop (5.x) instead

The prompt will still say "deactivated" in Paypal but I realized that it actually refers to items that have "flag" icon and G-XChange is actually not flagged. If you click the pre-approved payment item, the G-XChange status is actually "Active". The main problem probably lies in GCash when running Kitkat where when you authorized Paypal, it is stuck and cannot continue to link them. Try if it works for you as it worked for me. I was now able to cash-in! Yohoo!

Login to Me Too

MHIEDHIE0620
Contributor
Contributor
Me too can u help me and guide me
Login to Me Too

MaggieNoe
This worked for me,,I installed gcash on a different android device and it linked in less than a minute..Thanks much
Login to Me Too

aeisies
New Community Member

I had the same problem yesterday. Then I was told by the Gcash reps that I need to have an Android 5 phone to be able to link paypal. I tried downloading the Gcash app to my Samsung J7 pro and did the paypal linking process and it worked in just 2-3 minutes.

Login to Me Too

jhinky17
Contributor
Contributor
I link my paypal account to gcash But until now i got preapproval. I didnt understand why ?? I follow the step and complete it. Why i cant still use paypal to gcash .. and got preapproval
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.