Linking Equity Bank Account to my Kenyan Paypal account

Needhelp98
New Community Member

Hi? I am in Africa Kenya and I have registered the Equity bank online banking succesfully but unfortunately I am unable to link my kenya bank account with my paypal account. On my Wallet Paypal settings when trying to link bank account It states Add your US bank account Add a U.S. bank account and easily withdraw funds from your PayPal account to it.... I am in Africa Kenya and not U.S.A please help as I have done several withdrawals before using FNB when it used to be 8 days and now I registered succefully the equity banking online so as to withdraw with the new 3 day service but on my banking online platform There is one error message when I click on transactions paypal accounts which states I do not have any paypal account linked to my equity bank account... Kindly help link my Bank with Paypal account! I need help to know how to change to Africa Kenya as we do not have those routing numbers and the checking;savings I see when trying to link to Equity Africa Kenyan Bank

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Needhelp98

You can't link a bank account in your country, you can only add a a card.

The U.S bank account option is there for U.S residents that may be working or living in your country. Because paypal is a U.S company it allows its residents to add there bank account to other countries paypal accounts.

You also can't withdraw funds from your paypal account in your country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

manunikest
Contributor
Contributor

Does this mean being in Kenya I have no use for Paypal since I cant link my bank account for online purchases? I mean, how else do I get money to and from Paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@manunikest

You can't withdraw funds in your country, you can only spend them from your paypal account balance.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

snowglobe254
New Community Member

Kindly note that you cannot add a U.S bank account to PayPal if you are not a U.S.A citizen. However, it is possible to link your Kenyan Equity bank account to PayPal by setting up a pre-approved payment. This will allow you to withdraw PayPal funds to your Kenyan bank account.

Keep in mind that you can't link your Kenyan bank account by logging into PayPal and choosing the add bank option. So, you are doing it wrong. Instead, you need to use Equity Bank's Self Service Portal here <removed>

Once you have singed up, you can log in and link your Equity Bank account to PayPal. Here is a good blog post detailing all the steps you need to follow

<removed>

Also, note that you first have to verify your PayPal account for this process to work.

I hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snowglobe254

Thats a good way to get his paypal account limited as he should not be doing that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.