Link Prepaid Debit (The Bancorp Bank) Into PayPal Wallet

KKlouzal
New Community Member

I have a PayPal account which was recently approved for the PayPal Credit line.

I have a PayPal Prepaid Debit card issued by The Bancorp Bank which kindly provides a routing and account number for ACH transfers. I take advantage of this feature for Direct Deposit from my employer and for various other accounts with automatic bill pay.

This demonstrates my PayPal Prepaid Mastercard is able to ACH to and from the account.

Why whenever I try to use this account and routing number within my paypal wallet to link as a bank account does paypal say it's 'encountered an error' and to 'try again later'.

Other posts around the internet claim The Bancorp Bank security system is incompatible with that of PayPal's thus ACH between the two is impossible however this sounds like complete garbage since PayPal themselves chose The Bancorp Bank to provide their branded debit cards to customers!

Why does PayPal make it so incredulously impossible to link the card in this way? I need to transfer money from my prepaid account into my paypal account so I can post payments to my paypal credit line!

I have seen posts where users are able to call into customer support and have an agent manually start the linking process. Is this true?

I have also seen posts stating new users should wait until they are issued and receive their prepaid debit card which has their name printed on it.

Some people soley rely on their PayPal Prepaid Card/PayPal Account as a banking solution and are either unable or unwilling to open an account at a physical bank just to be used as a bridge between the two. PayPal needs to address this immediately. (just merge the paypal-prepaid.com site into paypal.com already!)

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

stockshortdata
New Community Member

I'm not PayPal, but I can tell you every answer you've read in the other threads is wrong. I too am having that issue right now, and have had it for years, now!

It is NOT because there are no funds in the prepaid account!

It is NOT something on the Bancorp's Paypal Prepaid side. They work flawlessly.

..but every time I get a new PayPal card, I cannot link it using the PayPal tool. So Save your time and don't bother doing anything except clicking the help button at the top of any PayPal page...NOT the PREPAID PayPal, THE REAL DEAL ONE AND ONLY PayPal.com. Call them and in less than 2 minutes it will be done. That's how it has worked in the past for me and it's what I'm about to do now, so if this post is still here, problem solved..if not...I'll be back with anger management issues..

The Rep will take care of it for you...have the prepaid info ready in case it's not on file.

Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

businessladyfaq
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying for months to add the same bank source mentioned above to my business paypal account. I receive the same error message. I just called per the suggestion of the poster above, and was unable to resolve it. Was told it was a bug the engineers are working on, that there's no eta on the resolution, and there is no way to help me further to transfer my paypal balance to this card/routing account number. I'm highly frustrated right now, as I pay some hefty fees out of my income for the privelege of using paypal business. 

Fix this please, paypal. It's been going on for months. 

Login to Me Too

Tammy2011
Contributor
Contributor
If its a PayPal debit card, get the PayPal prepaid app. From there you can go to transfers and instantly transfer your money to and from your PayPal and PayPal debit card.
Login to Me Too

JillyS
Contributor
Contributor
You can NOT sho it from the prepaid app. When it tells you to log in with PayPal, tgat you don't have an account.
Login to Me Too

margozee
Contributor
Contributor
Where to begin...so same EXACT problem!!! Had funds available to pay a new credit card, first credit card, trying to establish credit. I submitted payment using the account and routing numbers attached to paypal card that came in the mail with my name on it. Payment declined...not once, not twice, but 3 friggin times. Credit One slammed the door on my face and closed my new account. Dropped my already lower score 40 points. Really not cool paypal. Thanks for that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.