Link Debit Card from Colombian Bank

colombianestor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, how do I link a debit card from a Colombian bank savings account?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

Does it have a Visa or MasterCard logo or just the bank's logo ?? 

Login to Me Too

colombianestor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kindly for the reply. PayPal's option to link a card seems to  be only for CREDIT cards. It does not offer an option for DEBIT cards  My debit card has the bank logo and the MAESTRO logo for Colombian debit cards. Please see attached.IMG_6272.JPG

Login to Me Too

colombianestor
Contributor
Contributor

Here's an excerpt taken from Wikipedia in ref to MAESTRO.

"Maestro is a multi-national debit card service owned by Mastercard that was founded in 1992. Maestro cards are obtained from associate banks and can be linked to the card holder's current account. In the United States, Maestro is a PIN-based debit card network closely related to the Cirrus ATM network, also owned by MasterCard. Like other PIN-debit networks in the U.S., Maestro there relies solely on a standard card and PIN, without a chip; signature-debit transactions in the U.S. are handled through the main MasterCard network or the rival Visa network. RBS's former U.S. subsidiary, Citizens Financial Group, switched to Visa, though like most foreign banks with operations in the United States, it used MasterCard's Cirrus network and the card participated in the MasterCard SecureCode initiative."

Login to Me Too

colombianestor
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.