Link Bank Automatically Puts in Checking Account

akzamora
Hello, I linked my Savings Account in PayPal - on the form there's no way to put "Account Type" so I'm guessing that it will automatically identify it as a Savings Account, but then after linking my bank account, when I go to the Bank profile in PayPal mobile browser, it says "CHECKING". How come? I withdraw my money from PayPal to my Bank. Is it possible that when I hit the ATM, I should click CHECKING to see my money that I withdrew?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Who knows why it indicates a savings account, a checking there other than some glitch when logging in to your online bank account to add a bank account or glitch with the mobile app.  If you chose to manually enter your bank info when adding bank by clicking "I use different bank", you can indicate specifically if it's a checking or saving account.  I suspect you should indicate savings when you go to an ATM as the money is ultimately sent according to bank account and routing number, than what sort of account it is.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.