Limited Account - Cant remove bank account

amenvol
New Community Member

So I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now to delete my bank account from my paypal. I have no idea why they limited my account before, but after the limitation I was dumb enough to link my bank account to try to remove my funds, as it turn out I cant do neither now. So that being said, I am stuck. I cant use my paypal ( cant sent payments/ receive them ), I cant make a new paypal as I'd want to add my bank there but I cant, cause it's stuck on the previous account. I have contacted paypal numerous times ( via emails/help center ) and they keep telling me to provide proof of identity and address. I have done ALL of that but they just wont accept my proofs. I literally sent them a copy of my ID-card ( it even showed my photo ). I provided enough evidence that this is my address, I sent them my recent paypal transactions. But still it hasnt been enough. I am so **bleep** at paypal empolyees at the moment, every email from them is from another person and I have to explain myself all over again and send the neccesary info twice. Yet they still wont accept any of my proofs, thats retarded. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amenvol

You are not allowed to open another paypal account if you have one limited, it would be limited as well.

If they won't accept your proof then you either have to submit proof they will accept or not use paypal.

The reason they limit your account with any financial info attached to it either bank accounts or cards is to stop you using it on another paypal account.

You either submit proof that they are happy with or part company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jess22

And you can't even cancel the account. It's so frustrating because I seriously need to remove my bank account info on there. Tired of paypal!!

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can't remove a bank account from a limited account.  You need to wait until the limitation expires.

Login to Me Too

Jess22
I don't see an expiry date. When does it expire? It's been like this for so long. I don't care if they take the money on the account. I just need it closed asap.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Generally 180 day.  Check the emal you received when the account was limited.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.