Let users pay without a paypal account

sich79
Contributor
Contributor

I want my clients to be able to pay directly with a credit card without having to use a paypal account.

I found the support article saying this is possible, but the directions are vague:

"...if you are a merchant and have the PayPal Account Optional feature turned on."

a. How do I make my regular account into a merchant account?

b. What is the account setting called where I enable this?

thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can have a business account with PayPal but not a merchant account.  PayPal is the merchant inrelation to the credit card companies;  with a PayPal account, PayPal allows the member to use the PayPal merchant account.

If you want a merchant account, then open an account with a credit card processor such as FirstData.

There is (or was) a place in Settings to allow credit card payments, but I can't find it now.  It should be at Profile > My Selling Tools, I think but I can't find the specific option now.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I think you have to apply for a merchant account,go to business solution

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sich79, go to Seller Preferences > Website Preferences > PayPal Account Optional setting

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@sharpiemarker

Where do you find "seller preferences"?  It's not part of my profile settings; at least I can't find it.  I know I changed my own settings a one time but I can't figure out how to get to "seller preferences".

Login to Me Too

sich79
Contributor
Contributor

I'm really having a terrible time with this. I'm doing everything I can to give Paypal information, but keep getting a 'Sorry an error has occured, please try again' which others apparently also experience. 

So today I decided to try a blank slate, delete my account and make a new one. But the close account is not available - another error! What the heck.

Is there any way to get in touch with an actual paypal representative who can either get my account working or help me delete it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.