Issuing a Refund while Limited

DClay
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

TLDR; I wasn't old enough to use PayPal, therefore they rightfully terminated my account. 
Although, I'm wondering if I can issue a refund while I am in this limited/suspended state.

Recently, PayPal has suspended me from being eligible to use their services for violating the user agreement. The violation being that I am not of age to legally use PayPal, as I am 15 years old. I fully understand the termination, and I fully understand that it is my fault for not actually reviewing the agreement. Nonetheless, this is not a dispute to have my limitations lifted, but to issue a refund to the very few people that have transferred money into my account, totalling in at 3 transactions. I understand that PayPal has made a decision to hold my funds for 180 days to protect themselves, although I have not made any purchases to be applicable for a chargeback dispute. In fact, the money was from family, therefore no disputes would be made anyways.

Some problems I have with this suspensions is that I have had this PayPal account for quite some time, although no funds were in it. As soon as dollar bill saw the light of day in my account, PayPal decided to suspend me. I find this to be a little scandalous. Also, why would they allow me to register in the first place if I was underage?

Best regards,

D. Clay.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

xLilly
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Any solution yet?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The email notice from PayPal would let you know what you can do.  If your account was suspended then you can't do anything.  Your buyers will need to file non-delivery disputes to get refunds.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.