Issue: How to complete link to credit card

xumushi
Contributor
Contributor

I just set up my first-ever PayPal account. The account has been successfully established, but the link to my credit card has not yet been completed.

I received a notice saying that a charge (US$1.98, I think) would initially be made against the card, and afterwards I would get a 4-digit code sent to "my account." I should then go back to my PayPal account, input that code, and the link to the credit card would then be completed.

That was a week ago. To the best of my knowledge, I have not yet received that code by email or anywhere in my PayPal account. I asked about this today, and was told to click on "Notifications", go to Message Center, and read the answer to my query. I did, and it basically said we've sent the 4-digit code to your account. I logged out and tried to re-read the message, but now "Notifications" icon is nowhere to be found, so I cannot reread the message.

Can anyone tell me: 1) WHERE would this 4-digit code have been sent -- to my email? Somewhere within PayPay? on a printed bill sent to my billing address? 2) Other ideas on how to proceed? 3) Assuming I find a way to put money in PayPal account, can I make payments with it, or must I complete the link to my credit card before I can do so?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xumushi

If you have added a CREDIT CARD then the code to verify that credit card would go to your credit card statement.

There would be no point in emailing it to you as that would not verify you owned the card would it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xumushi

If you have added a CREDIT CARD then the code to verify that credit card would go to your credit card statement.

There would be no point in emailing it to you as that would not verify you owned the card would it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.