Internal Server Error

armorbug
Contributor
Contributor

I am attempting to access the "request money" area to send an invoice and this is the error I keep receiving:   

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

What's the error mean and what can I do to fix it?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do as they say and contact the server administrator?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

armorbug
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Have done so.  They e-mailed back saying to use the link on the bottom of any PayPal page to get hold of customer service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So why not contact customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

armorbug
Contributor
Contributor

Because, silly me, I thought I'd take a minute to contact the community and see if someone had some constructive advice BEFORE I sit on hold for two hours waiting to talk to customer service.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well not sure what anyone here can advise sitting in their own homes about your internal server error??

You can phone paypal or email paypal or use twitter to contact paypal or use facebook to contact paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lucindy123
New Community Member

I am getting the same internal server error.  I also came here looking for advice. This suppose to be help forum. So i suggest if you cant help keep your coments to yourself.

Login to Me Too

Dabstar
New Community Member

No need to be sarcastic or patronizing in a help forum, when people have legitimate technical issues that they can't get traditional help for. I have tried two emails and phone calls to get through to report an "Internal Server Error" to no avail.

Of course, I and many others have tried the obvious routes for getting help. I called the suggested customer service number they post on the PayPal website. I tolerated 10 sales pitches just to be rerouted to yet another phone number that I couldn't get through on. So no help via the phone. 

Emails weren't much better. I sent two and received prompt automatic generic answers based on keywords in my email. Still no help and no access to me money that I want to withdraw. Now what?

How do we contact the system administrator to let them know there is an internal server error. 

Frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Bijougrl
Contributor
Contributor

You actually spoke to someone in 2 hours?  

Now their "customer service"  farce forces you to endures a series sales pitches and ends with giving you another number.  

That # is for Comcast I think and doesn't go anywhere.

PayPal claims to have "800 customer service representatives" but they are all selling comcast and rebates. 

I wish this company would go away and eBay would deal with someone else.

For that matter I wish the same would happen to eBay, becuase they force their customers to waste time this way.

They must find this amusing. 

Login to Me Too

tollbridge
New Community Member

I am having the same problem. 

I tried to send a message to Paypal but it seems they only want to hear certain things. 

I can't send an email to a human. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.