Internal Error message

controlvoice
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, when I click on "Link a Debit or Credit Card"  I get a message that says "PayPal:Internal Error  We are not able to process your request.  Please try again later."  Well, later never seems to come.  How do I get my card linked?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It depends on country, card brand, bank, internet browser, and more.

You'll need to provid more details.

Login to Me Too

controlvoice
Contributor
Contributor

It has nothing to do with the card I want to link. The problem is it won't let me go to the place here you link cards in the first place.  Those are all the details I can give, except country, which is the U.S., if that helps.  It's not that it's rejecting my card, it's not letting me go to the place where I can even give them the card information to begin with.  It just says "Try again later".

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal does not work well with all browsers.

Login to Me Too

controlvoice
Contributor
Contributor

The reason I wanted to add a new debit card is because my old one got stolen.  I had no trouble going on PayPal and removing the old debit card, and I'm using the same browser I used for that procedure.  So, I don't think the browser is the problem, and I've added and removed debit cards before using my same browser with never any problems, so the answer lies somewhere else.

Login to Me Too

Janet0619
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  I have done it with this browser before and never had a problem.

I sent a message to customer service.  Hoping to get an answer soon. 

Login to Me Too

SONSAY41
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem

Login to Me Too

zooeyanne
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue while trying to remove an old card. I've been trying again later for a very long time. USA.
Login to Me Too

perrydoss
New Community Member

Hello, I am having same problems, did you ever get it solved?

Login to Me Too

zooeyanne
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.