Instant Transfer to Debit Card

mbrewer714
New Community Member

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

CoreFX
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  I did two recently even on the 31st.  Then tried on the 1st and 2nd today and I dont even have the option anymore.  Perhaps something happened and they turned it off?

Login to Me Too

Taliao
Contributor
Contributor
I hope not. I love this feature. PayPal takes way too long to transfer without it. I've even used square cash just because they do have instant and it works. I hope they keep it, and fix this mess.
Login to Me Too

TiaraLove
New Community Member
Yes! That’s exactly what happened. I called because I was able to use the instant transfer but then the option suddenly agent away. I called customer service and they said that their developers decided to turn the option off because too many people were having issues. They expect for the option to be back January 1st.
Login to Me Too

Taliao
Contributor
Contributor
I think they're telling or doing different things. I was able to use it twice in the same day Nov 3rd
Login to Me Too

Brook2424
This is a joke. 1st time I have ever done this and after 6 hours still waiting to see funds in my account. Like others have said would of simply did transfer to bank checking account and got money in the morning. Even got the transfer email and in PayPal account shows transfer was completed not pending and still no funds. Do not use this option it’s not worth the worry of where the hell your money is. Called CS twice and they have no idea either.
Login to Me Too

neesea2
Contributor
Contributor

yeah mine is just vanished into thin air and is "pending" at my bank until tuesday. Yet paypal swears it is done. If i got ahold to somebody at pypal right now i would strangle them!

Login to Me Too

Usacompanies
Contributor
Contributor
Exaxtly! I also have used it successfully now all the sudden it's cold and there's a two-hour wait on their phone unreal I'm so sick of this
Login to Me Too

wendywootang
New Community Member

This is clearly a faulty service and maybe it seems like trouble to complain about .25 but imagine X number of people paying .25 to not get what they paid for, how profitable that is for Paypal.

@mbrewer714 wrote:

I did the instant transfer to debit card from my wallet.  Paypal assures you this will be complete in 30 minutes.  It's been over an hour.  The money is gone from Paypal, but not in my bank account.  I could have used this money 59 minutes ago, as I am hungry, and I need it to buy lunch.  Don't tell me something is going to be instant (or take 30 minutes) when clerly this is false (based on many other people's comments).

Login to Me Too

SpiritualKay
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly its fraud
Login to Me Too

Rocksteady
Contributor
Contributor

Instant transfer.  I have had to use it over 10 times and everytime it takes over 2 days.  Paypal is comminting perjury on a massive scale.  Because of paypal lying to me about the duration of the transfer, I am stranded and my weekend is ruined.  

If i would have known this was going to happen i would have just left the money in my paypal balance.  Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit against this company, even if it just .25 cents.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.