Im over a limit. Paypal wants my card info, but I already have a card registered? "LIFTING LIMITS"

Service3775
Contributor
Contributor

So, to lift my limits paypal wants me to confirm payment card. I have done this a year ago and I have been able to pay and recieve money all the time. Now, when I press the message and "get started", it just takes me to the "money" tab. What should I do here? I have already a bank VISA registered and a VISA card under payment cards. I get no further message about what Paypal really wants. I need this to lift my paypal limits or my user will be deleted. Can anyone tell me what I need to do? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Please explain your problem more clearly.

How did the problem start.  You received an email telling you that you've reached a limit?  Be sure to check that the message you received is not a fake one.  When you log on directly at PayPal site url (do not click on email links), go to the following page to see your limits:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_show-limits&req_from=view_limits

Do you even need to lift limits, since you have a card and bank already linked?  If the email you received is spam or a fake email, it can explain why it just takes you to Money Tab and there is no further instructions.  You need to be careful with fake emails.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Service3775
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thanks for the reply. I have passed some sort of limit on Paypal without vertifying myself. But I have uploaded ID, adress, credit card and all that. When I try to solve this problem by following the instrusctions, I just get to the "money" tab because Paypal wants me to fix something in there, but it does not tell me what I need to fix.

This is the message I got:

• You have received €1,800 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of €2,500. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they reach this limit. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-004-820-905-683.)

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

On the page of your PayPal case in the Resolution Center is where they lists the things you need to update. They will include links to the pages you need to update the information for each piece of data they need.

Are you saying every time you complete a task, it takes you to the money tab for no reason?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Service3775
Contributor
Contributor

I know it tells me what I have to do. It shows me that I need to change my credit card settings, and when I press on credit card, it does not tell me what to change. 

Login to Me Too

Service3775
Contributor
Contributor

So it says "Verify your account using your payment card" then I press next. Then it just shows me the page with my already linked creditcard. It does not tell me what I need to do. Can someone please help me? My card has been linked for years and is still active. 

Login to Me Too

CCA_Sherrie
Contributor
Contributor

There is a chance that it might be asking you to confirm your card, which is a little bit more indepth then just adding your card. In order to check if that's it, you would just need to go to your wallet in your account, find the card you have linked and click on the card. See if it says "ready to confirm" and if it does, click ok. It will send a small charge to your card, but that charge generates a unique 4 digit pin code you would use to confirm the card. Check your card statement, locate the charge and head back to your PayPal account. Then, click on your card again and you'll be prompted with an area to type in the 4 digit code and submit. Once you submit, PayPal automatically refunds the charge back to your card and your card is confirmed. It lifts your limits.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.