Identity confirmation again?

GAHavenner
New Community Member

Hi, all, 

Have been happily using PayPal to process my monthly payments from my contractor for well over half a year. 

Until now. 

Apparently, I must provide documentation that I have already provided when I set up the account in the first place? 
I am being asked for confirmation of identity, address, and SSN.

These are all things I have already done. 
I do not understand.

I will happily submit all of this information again if it is needed, but who am I to know that this will not occur again? Very confusing and potentially troublesome. I need to be able to pay rent!!!! The company I work for does not wire transfer. 

Please help. 
- Greg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

This is not PayPal support. It is a user forum and we do not have access to your account details so all anyone can do here is speculate.

You need for rent payments is not relevant to PayPal service.

You are receiving the funds as payment for services.   Are the transfers processed as goods/services or family/friends?

Either way, the number of transactions could appear to be suspecious money transfers and PayPal could continue to request information about your account.  If the activity becmes more suspicious PayPal could limit your account and lock your funds.  PayPal constantly looks at activity to review risk issues.

My suggestion is to find another method to receive payments before there are other issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.