INVALID BANK INFORMATION?! ARE U KIDDING

JoyMagss
New Community Member
Im having a problem transferring money to my bank account and i have been charged. It says invalid bank i formation but i have been using my bank account for a year now. How is this happening? I asked my daughter to try transferring money to her bank account and its the same problem too. Can you fix this? Our bank says there is no problem with their online transaction and we've been charged!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rkooper

@JoyMagsswrote:
Im having a problem transferring money to my bank account and i have been charged. It says invalid bank i formation but i have been using my bank account for a year now. How is this happening? I asked my daughter to try transferring money to her bank account and its the same problem too. Can you fix this? Our bank says there is no problem with their online transaction and we've been charged!

If you received a message stating such, for some reason your PayPal account information and your bank information probably don't match.  A few years ago I linked my fathers bank account, with his permission, since I didn't have a bank account at that time, and the first time I tried to transfer my PayPal funds to the bank there was a problem and I was told that the name on the bank account was different from the PayPal records and I explained the situation and was informed that all of the information must match and that I was not permitted to use a bank account in someone else s name even if it was my fathers, (I lived with him so the address and phone numbers matched). I believe they did do the transfer as a one time courtesy but informed me of the policy. If you think this may be the problem, I would contact PayPal and speak to someone and you also may get the courtesy.

Not sure what you mean by "you were charged." Did they take the funds from your PayPal account or did they charge you a fee?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.