I want to change phone number but can't because I forgot my password

tybuzz67
Contributor
Contributor

I have a paypal account that I couldn't log in because I somehow forgot my password.  So i clicked on the button "Having trouible logging in" so I could somehow change my password so a dialog box asking for my email address popped out., I entered my email address but the next dialog box "Quick security check" asked my to choose if I want a SMS sent to my mobile phone or paypal will call my mobile phone.  

Now this is where my problem is...the number registered was an old number and not the number I am currently using.  I lost that prepaid number when I lost my phone I have a new number.  

So now I am asking help from anybody who can if there is a way to log in my paypal account  so i could change both my phone number and password?  Is there a way where paypal can send SMS to my new phone number?

Hoping somebody can help me with this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You could try a phone call to PayPal customer service, but you would also need to pass a multi-question security check which might include your old phone number.  If you don't have your security information you can't access your account; the idea is to prevent fraud.  How does anyone online or by phone know who you really are or if you are the person with the account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.