I'm a Small YouTuber, looking to accept donations (through Streamlabs)

AndyHuff
Contributor
Contributor

So essentially I've had a donation sent to me, but it won't let me accept the donation without verifying my account.  But the problem with that is, well I can't link a bank account, and I definitely can't open a credit line.  I have a debit card, that is Mastercard, and I see that there is a "Mastercard Extras" system, but I'm confused as to what this is.  Will I be able to do this rewards system through my debit card to then be allowed to accept donations?  Either way I need to find a way that's very low-profile, but still gets my account "verified" to accept Donations.  Again I don't want to open a credit line or link my bank account.  Hopefully, someone out there has had this problem, and or has a solution!

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Saying that you want to say "low profile", you don't want to add your bank or credit card, etc. is exactly the sort of thing that makes you sound like a risky person to do business with.

Linking the bank account and credit/debit card is part of what helps establish your relationship with PayPal, and prove that you are who you say you are. Why not just go ahead and do it and avoid these limitation problems?

If linking your bank account to an online service like PayPal just makes you feel uncomfortable you may want to look at my PayPal Quick Tip video on how to protect your bank account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

AndyHuff
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah and I completely understand that sounds risky. But I do have a MasterCard debit card that I’ve linked, and can link. What can I do with that?
Login to Me Too

AndyHuff
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah and I completely understand that sounds risky. But I do have a MasterCard debit card that I’ve linked, and can link. What can I do with that?
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you don't link a bank account and a credit/debit card you're going to run into ongoing limitations. It's really best to just go ahead and do that.

Login to Me Too

AndyHuff
Contributor
Contributor
But I have linked a Debit card. Will doing the MasterCard Extras with it open a credit line though? Like I just want to use my Debit Card without opening a credit line.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If you have a debit card for the PayPal account you can use that to spend funds out of it, but if you can't accept your donations then you won't have cash there to spend.  So again, if you want to avoid all limitations just add a bank account.  You could have been done with this by now and moved on from this already.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.