I can't remove my old bank accounts and cards. I think there's a glitch in the PayPal system.

Oram76
Contributor
Contributor

I can't remove my old bank accounts and cards. I think there's a glitch in the PayPal system. Is there a workaround to this problem?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is the account active,have you been sending payment and transferring fund to your bank account.

YOu cannot remove it because PAYPal wants to make sure your past activities do not backfire.   

Login to Me Too

Oram76
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Sumiko, Thanks for replying. No, these accounts haven't been active for a very long time and should be able to be removed.
Login to Me Too

merelyk
Contributor
Contributor

i had same problem.  don't let anyone tell you it's simple or "it should be easy" or "just hit delete"  i had to get comfortable and use speaker phone to call live during call hours.  

now i'm facing same problem with deleting an address associated with a card that i have deleted:  "you must go to your Wallet and change address assoc with this card' - THE CARD WHICH DOESN'T EXIST.  back to the live call center i guess.  i'm trying to get my ebay, paypal, and credit card addresses EXACTLY the same (sometimes my address has "Rd" after street address, sometimes no't - you wouldn't think that matters but it might.  there are no addresses in my state that have the same street but a "Circle" or "Ave" or whatever so it's a mystery why it might matter - so that my address will be "Confirmed/Verified" status.

not a glitch - a recurring theme

it all works well if you get it just right eventually and then never try to change anything again

good luck

Login to Me Too

Oram76
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks, Merelyk, for your insight. I really appreciate it. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.