I NEED HELP! what if i made a business account but i am also underage? I got parents permission.

MrLofan
Contributor
Contributor

So i made a business account a while ago about maybe a few weeks ago. I didn't really think it was a problem making an account because i asked my parents. It said i was required to be 18 or have parents permission but i mean there was no option proving you got your parents permission. I am sort of worried about what they will do to my account because i can not close it either because i have limitations i must finish and it is asking for my photo id.I set an age that is not mine, but the month and day are correct.

Thank you to anyone who helps me!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrLofan

If you can't prove you are 18 then the limitations would stay and you would not be able to use your present account.

Also because you broke paypal rules in making that account they often refuse to let you open one when you are 18 unless you ask and they give you permission.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrLofan

You are not allowed to open a paypal account under 18 with or without parental consent.

It will stay limited unless you can prove you are 18 and you may not be able to open another one without paypals consent when you are 18.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrLofan
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

what would i be able to do with this account then. Also what do you mean i wouldn't be able to open another without consent from paypal? thank you for responding as well.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrLofan

If you can't prove you are 18 then the limitations would stay and you would not be able to use your present account.

Also because you broke paypal rules in making that account they often refuse to let you open one when you are 18 unless you ask and they give you permission.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrLofan
Contributor
Contributor

oh okay i understand now thank you for help again i really appreciate it, i will wait till then.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.