How to reset an old account password?

nick-1
New Community Member

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for reading this.

I am almost exhausted of frustration due to this issue.

I created a PayPal account back in 2014, and since then never really touched it. I did, however, link it to an eBay account.

Fast forward to now, I went to sell an item on eBay. I assumed the money would automatically deposit to the bank acount I have linked on eBay.

SUPRISE! It went to my 4 year old PayPal account, which I have ZERO access to. 🙂

I went to reset my password-- I get this message. I call support, and I am asked to "Verify" my acount with a physical (mailing) address. I never even registered a physical address with PayPal!!!!

I have the email inbox that I set-up my PayPal account with, and I know this works b/c I received EVERY SINGLE email detailing my payments to my account! Why can't they just send me the password reset email link? Literally every other online service uses this method. It CAN'T be that insecure of a method.

Sorry for the vent/rant. Nothing like not being able to access your money to make you good and mad 🙂

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.