How to remove my email address from someone else's account

lar2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I was a secondary user on someone else's account years ago, and I don't have access to it anymore (I never owned it, I just was added and provided a password). I want to open my own account with this email (it's my primary email address, and I do have access to it), but I can't create it, since that email is already being used. Is there a way for paypal to remove my email from the other person's account?

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Heretohelp1
Contributor
Contributor
You need to sign up with new account. As the other account is not in your name you can't do anything unless you get that person to remove it or close account. PayPal can't take action on an account with out the account holders permission even if it is your email address
Login to Me Too

lar2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response, that's what I was expecting unfortunately.

I have a new account that I have been using for a while (I used same gmail address, but with a dot added, which is same address in gmail scope). I am just afraid that when I want to make any returns, stores can make a mistake and refund money to my main email which I use everywhere as login, and then money will be refunded to that old, unused account that I won't have access to.

In that case I am afraid that nobody will take any responsibility for it, and I don't want to go through any unpleasant processes, so I'll just stick to using my credit card instead of paypal.

Thank you again for your help 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.