How to make paypal withdraw in egyptian pounds when I set up my account for withdrawals?

Yostina
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to set up my Egyptian Paypla account to be able to withdraw money from it onto a card. Egyptian Paypal requires the funds to be withdrawn into a Visa type crad, so I issued a prepaid visa card at a local bank and tried to use it to activate my account, however, Paypal sends an error message saying that the bank that issued that card is not approving of this transaction (it didn't even reach the point of requesting the code) and when I called the bank's customer service, they told me that paypal is trying to withdraw in Egyptian pounds the amount of 1.50 egyptian pounds not the equivilant of the 1.50 euros and told me to set paypal to withdraw in Egyptian pounds, but I don't know how to do that. Is there a way to set the currency of the account to Egyptian pounds? and how do I do that? and if there isn't a way, how can I solve this problem?

Please if there are any Egyptian paypal users, please respond and thanks in advanced.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log on

Click Details in the PayPal Balance box.  

On the left, select PayPal Balance.  On the right, click Manage Currencies under Transfer Money

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Yostina
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the information. I did that and still the problem continues, the bank says the probelm is from paypal itself as I used the card in other purshases. I will try to contact Paypal support directly, but thank you very much for the information. I was trying to find it but couldn't and you saved me 🙂 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.