How to make a Credit Card the primary source of funding?

mscada
Contributor
Contributor

I want my Credit Card to be primary funding source. The default is Bank Account, When I make manual payment I can select a Credit Card; but when payment is automatic (ex. Uber) the Bank gets charged. There is no option available to set up Credit Card as the primary funding source at the default. I understand that PayPal does it to avoid paying Credit Card fees. However, if this isn't changed VERY soon I will have to start using one of the PayPal competitors instead.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Simple soluttion:  Use a non-PayPal credit card when you make your purchase so you avoid PayPal for the payment.  Why process a credit card payment through PayPal when you pay direct with the credit card?

Login to Me Too

mscada
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks DPCreatios for a suggestion, but that is not my preferred solution. There are number of places that only accept PayPal (or similar payment methods) but not credit cards. Also, I am not comfortable sharing my credit card information with some merchants.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

may be it is just Uber?if you have set credit card as primary?

Login to Me Too

mscada
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, it is not Uber but rather PayPal issue. PayPal always defaults to a bank account for any transaction.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What does it say in your payment settings for paying online?  That you can "choose a payment method at checkout"?  Or it gives you option to select a bank account for paying online.  

PayPal is now letting us choose the payment method at checkout instead of selecting a preferred payment method in our settings.  At least for my accounts they are.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mscada
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it does let you choose the payment method when you do manual payment. But this functionality is insufficient. If your payment is automatic (ex. Uber) it always defaults to the bank account.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

stop using Uber?

Stop using Paypal?

Few people know you can use AMZN One click !

Login to Me Too

mscada
Contributor
Contributor
Just changed the payment method to Google Pay. As an added benefit got 50% off 10 Uber rides. Too bad for PayPal as it continues to loose customers. Stepping over dollar to save a penny is always a losing business strategy.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How is Google pay?

Do they have good customer service?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.