How to link a bank via sign in not routing number?

jesssssssssss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to link my paypal to my bank via the sign in option and not the routing option. I know I can do this because I've done it before, but I had some errors with the sign-in today. I thought they were asking for my email address and I got the "try again" sign, but after the third time, Paypal won't give me the sign-in option for the bank. It only allows me to link it to the bank via the routing option and I do not want to do that.

How do I get back to, linking my bank via "sign in" option? When I mean sign-in, is that when you click link a bank, you choose the image of the bank you are using, and then you input your username and password into it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Andy

Hi jesssssssssss (hope that's enough esses) -

Welcome to the Forums!

I'm aware of the process you're referring to, however if that's not being offered (or something happens and you're not able to complete it the first time it comes up) regrettably there is no way I know of to make it available again.

And really, it may be better if you were to enter the routing number and whatnot anyway. While all banks have well known and well used routing numbers, some banks will use different ones for different locations to better help how funds are routed. So if you're entering the specific routing number for your bank there's less chance of something happening or your transfers potentially taking longer if they wind up having an extra routing step in there.

- Andrew

Login to Me Too

jesssssssssss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to reply back to me. I waited for a few hours and the option to sign in with my bank information was available again. But I keep getting an error (my login information was correct and verified) when it goes to the last part to verify my inforation and all. I've tried several times but it keeps happening.

I would prefer to use the bank sign in option because its more convenient for me. I did it once successfully maybe a month ago with no problem. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.