How to check account type?

Odyanii
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I was wondering where or how I can check what type of PayPal account I have. Basically I was going to upgrade to Premier, but when I went to upgrade the only presented option was Buisness. So I began to wonder if maybe I had already upgraded at some point in the past when I began selling small items through Etsy. Unfortunately I cannot find anywhere that actually tells me what type I currently have. Is there anyway to find out?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Patmat
Contributor
Contributor

@7colourzYou mean "Profile and Settings", opened by the gear symbol on the upper right corner of the screen ? On my Premier account that page contains 4 Tabs : Account (my address, pix, Email), Security, Paiement, Notifications. None mentions the account type.

I think the answer is there's only 2 types of accounts now : Personal/Premier and Business, as PayPal_AdamD indicated.

Login to Me Too

Scottteaches
Contributor
Contributor

No way to login and check to see which account type you have?
Instead we need to "reach out" to support staff for the answer to this critical information?
Cutting edge, gang.

Login to Me Too

PinknBlack
New Community Member

Totally agree!! It should say under our account info the type of account it is. How hard is that for them to add in?! Having to contact them to find out is such a huge waste of time for both parties involved!! Also, allot of the customer service reps dont know s**t!! When i first created my first paypal account someone had sent me money and i couldnt access it for 21 days, it said. Well my friends who have paypal accounts were able to access their funds immediately. So i knew something was wrong. I called spoke to a paypal rep, and everything she said was incorrect!! She said i had a seller account, etc etc etc. well come to find out i just needed to verify my account, which takes only seconds!! I just had to verify my cell phone #. Once i did, i could access any and all funds immediately!! So the paypal rep didnt know what she was talking about!!! Unreal

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

MOst 21 days hold are sellers who just start selling or been away for too long or selling outside their normal price range or having too many disputes/chargebacks,sometimes it is not Paypal but Ebay which decides on the 21 days hold.

Login to Me Too

manellen
New Community Member

You can find your account type in Profile, Profile and settings. In your profile window click Account settings on left navigation menu. And you will see your account type in the right section of Account settings.

Login to Me Too

Bandade

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.