How to change the way my name appears on my paypal.me

justinmnoor
Contributor
Contributor
My paypal.me page shows my first and middle name. I actually have a long legal name and wish to shorten it on my paypal.me page. How do I do this?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

According to the details here, it's not possible to change or edit a PayPal.ME link.

Login to Me Too

justinmnoor
Contributor
Contributor
Where? I don’t see it. Can you link me the exact page? Your link takes me to the main FAQ page I looked through every question and didn’t see it. Sorry if I’ve missed it.
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Under:

Setting up your PayPal.Me link

Click on:

How many links can I have for PayPal.Me?

You will see the following:

You may have only one active PayPal.Me link per PayPal account.

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Login to Me Too

justinmnoor
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for any confusion. I’m not asking how to change my link, I’m asking how to change the way my name appears when someone clicks on my paypal.me page. Currently it shows my legal first and middle name. I want to change this because it’s really long.
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

No confusion - what you have in mind is a change - yes, you're rearranging the order but, it's still a change - there's no account features to do what you have in mind.  

Other options:

You can try contacting customer service direct to see if they can help or you could close your current PayPal account and open a new one, doing so would allow you to setup PayPal.ME again - it certainly isn't the best option but, it's an option.  If you choose to go that way, there's a good chance you need to get help from customer support with re-linking and financial info like your bank account and/or credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.