How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

carobbean
New Community Member

you rock! I was having same issue as everyone else, able to add a new email but couldnt figure out how to make it the primary one ! I kept clicking " edit" primary when in fact its simple once you know to "edit" the new email and then choose the option to make it primary..thanks again and Happy New Year, you made my day 🙂

Login to Me Too

LindaMF
New Community Member

What worked for me is - click on the Settings icon next to Log Out; this takes you to the Profile page; click on + in the Email section and enter your new email; click on Update for the new email; select the option to make it the primary.

Login to Me Too

Spender11
New Community Member

This worked for me. The other solutions did not work for me. Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

Lisa0404
New Community Member

I had the same problem and I could never figure it out until I forgot my old email password with no access to it. I was beating my head against the wall. Instructons don't say click the + next to the email you want as a primary. Ugh! Thanks for your persistence! Lisa

Login to Me Too

Michaelsea2
New Community Member
did not work for me either...I will try the alternate...Very frustrating and time consuming...Cmon PayPal
Login to Me Too

DCat2
That's right! You enter a new email address and confirm it. Then you go in to update the new email address and it gives you a box where you can Make It Your Primary email address. Then you click confirm and if you go into your profile it has made the new address the Primary one. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

BVC

Now THAT'S the explanation that did it for me - thank you!

Login to Me Too

fourthand10
New Community Member

The missing step in this thread is we need to log out and then log back in.  When we do that we will have the option of making our new email address primary.  Then we can delete the old one.  Hope this helps.  

Login to Me Too

Seet
New Community Member

Thank you!

This was indeed the missing step that I was missing!  Without which the recommended "solution" did not work!

Login to Me Too

ScoobyDoo2

This worked for me! Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.