How to change Primary email adrdess

Dnusha
New Community Member

Hello alll,

I have changed my email address and need to edit my old one.   I tried and paypal does not allow me to do so.  How can I edit it to apply my new email address?

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

KenDay0407
Contributor
Contributor

Does not work. A window pops up and says the primary email address cannot be changed.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KenDay0407 

No you can't change a primary address BUT you add another one first and then make that one primary and then you can remove the other.

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Airdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Sno cat had the solution that worked for me.

I was totally flummoxed until then. 

The way it is set up to change the email address is totally not clear. Bad on them.

Login to Me Too

elnil
New Community Member

i'm trying to change my primary address in settings and it isn't working. is this a temporary glitch or an on-going problem? it keeps telling me to try again.

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

If you're referring to your Primary Email Address, you must have at least two email addresses on file.

Login to your account.
* Click on the Gear icon.
* Click on the "+" in the Email box.
* Enter your new email address.
* Click "Add Email"

* You will need to confirm the new email - once you've done that, you can make it the Primary and delete the old email.

Login to Me Too

Carol88
New Community Member
I need to change my primary email and address. I have followed the directions perfectly and it won’t uodate
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Carol88

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email. You can remove that one or leave it on as you can have up to 8 email addresses on the one paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KLastGermany
Contributor
Contributor

test , can be deleted

Login to Me Too

gwa1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much, it works

Login to Me Too

Zordana
New Community Member

I am discontining with AOL soon so i need to change my Primary address as it will no longer be valid. How do i do that please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.