How to cancel extra family member card linked to my paypal account?

MrWells82
Contributor
Contributor

I added a family member (extra debit card) to my account because they needed help and now that i'm about to use my account for more personal use, I was just wondering how do I remove their card from my account? is it the same as just report lost or stolen and then deactivate or is there more to it since I added them to my account. I dont want them to have access to my funds.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @MrWells82!

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums!

Great question! You can cancel a secondary card through your account by reporting it as lost or stolen. Through the process, you can opt out of receiving a new card. 🙂 Here are some instructions on how to do so:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Debit MasterCard® below your PayPal balance.
  3. Click Report a lost or stolen card, then click Deactivate.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @MrWells82!

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums!

Great question! You can cancel a secondary card through your account by reporting it as lost or stolen. Through the process, you can opt out of receiving a new card. 🙂 Here are some instructions on how to do so:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Debit MasterCard® below your PayPal balance.
  3. Click Report a lost or stolen card, then click Deactivate.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.