How to add other login users?

grchamberTom
New Community Member

I've read through all the documentation I can find on paypal on how to set up another user to the original account. But after following the form and filling everything out I get taken to a personal information page that I didn't even see when I originally created the account. There is no way I am going to provide personal information like sin numbers just to allow my financial director access to the paypal account. Surely there must be another way to do this without violating privacy issues not to mention the security concerns?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @grchamberTom,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! 🙂

Sorry to hear that you've recently run into some hiccups with adding users to your PayPal account. The first thing you'll want to do is make sure that you have a PayPal Business account. 

You can add another person to a Business account and control how much of your account they can access. Multiple secondary users may access your PayPal account at the same time as you using their own specific username and password for login.

Account privileges include options to allow specific users edit your profile, view your account balance, and discuss your account with Customer Service (a maximum 8 users can discuss the account).

For adding additional users for the first time:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the Business Profile icon and select Profile and settings.
  3. Click My settings.
  4. Click Get Started next to "Manage users."
  5. Click Add Users.
  6. Enter your full bank account or credit card number if you are asked to do so.
  7. Enter your secondary user's name, then create a User ID and password.
  8. Select which account privileges you want the user to have (such has permission to speak to customer service regarding account details), then click Save.

Review the "Account administrator agreement" and click Accept.

I hope this helps! 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

eChicWeb
New Community Member

Hi

This answer let me create them a USERNAME and password, but I can't figure out where they can log in with that username and password

the normal paypal login box asks for a login EMAIL not username.

Advice would be appreciated

thanks

kc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @eChicWeb!

Great question and I apologize for any confusion! Your account users will login to the account using the same email/password section that you would use to enter your email address in password.

The user name will work in the email address section. 🙂

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.