How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I suspect that if your PayPal acct and your Facebook acct share any particular account owner information that are the same, that is how the accts would be linked and under the email account the notifications are sent.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hi AnnoyedasCrap,

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the Community.

I apologize, at this time we do not have the option to edit the Facebook account associated. As this feature is enabled by opting into it, after completing a PayPal checkout, one option would be to remove setting from your PayPal notifications. To update the setting in your PayPal profile follow this link

Once removed the next time you complete a PayPal checkout you can change the Facebook account receipts would be sent to. You can also stop the notifications in Messenger.

Hope this helps 🙂

-April

Login to Me Too

WERER
New Community Member

NO THIS IS NOT SOLVED. WHEN I LOGIN TO NOTIFICATIONS THE MESSENGER OPTION IS NOT EVEN THERE.

WHAT A POINTLESS, ANNOYING FEATURE. SMS AND OR EMAIL IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.

Login to Me Too

mkfields
New Community Member

I've been looking for the messenger notification thing for 30 minutes, it is no where to be found.  I DID NOT give knowing consent for paypal to send any notice of any kind to messenger.  I DO NOT want ANYTHING about my paypal activities  sent to messenger at all, for any reason.  TURN IT OFF!!  It's not solved. 

Login to Me Too

aj_chicago
Contributor
Contributor

I agree that the 1st set of instructions are now wrong. The "Manage Messages" option does not exist in Paypal. The best way then is the 2nd option. When you get a message from Paypal, in the message box click on the Tools (gear) in upper right. That will allow you to turn off all messages from Paypal... or block them. I would rather be able to turn them off in Paypal. I think by blocking them they are still blasted out on the net. "Something to hide"? Lol!!! Ya, your privacy!

Login to Me Too

Mamak220
New Community Member
Is anyone else receiving unwanted messages from "PayPal" on Facebook Messanger? How do you delete & stop it?
Login to Me Too

precords
New Community Member

Yes this is totally unacceptable.   They forced a switch to their new inferior desktop platform which does not have the option to turn off notifications.   FIX NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

heywally
Contributor
Contributor

Outrageous. Totally unacceptable this far from when the problem was first reported to not have the option to turn off this data sharing that I did not approve. It is unauthorized data sharing by Paypal.

I'll be filing a consumer complaint against Paypal with the California Attorney General tomorrow. I think that in the current environment, complaining about this to the Calif. AG is very timely.

https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Login to Me Too

FairyGardens
Contributor
Contributor

HERE IS WHAT ACTUALLY WORKS.  In FACEBOOK, click on the actual MESSAGE you received from Paypal (via Messenger). Click on the OPTIONS Gear Button on the Top RIGHT. You will see "Mute Conversation", and then "Delete Conversation" and the 3rd one down says "Turn Off Messages". THAT is the one to click on. Turn OFF your message notifications and it will automatically stop this extremely Annoying and intrusive feature.  To confirm you did it correctly log into www.messenger.com and at the very bottom it will show that you turned off messages from Paypal. FINALLY. Something that actually works

Login to Me Too

ccresz
Contributor
Contributor

This does NOT WORK.

This is NOT SOLVED.

There is no option to do what suggested on the provided "solution" for business accounts

-If you do it from Facebook you are not solving the problem you are just muting it.

-If you do it from Facebook, Paypal WILL still send your transaction information for facebook to use for tracking, advertising and other things that are a  violation of PAYPAL privacy agreements.

-The fact that you cannot opt out from this so called "feature" from within Paypal, means they are in violation of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and they can be sued for this.

Please Paypal be reasonable, stop playing dumb, you know that deleting the facebook conversation does nothing since you keep sending the financial information of your customers, give us an option to opt out of this on all types of accounts.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.