How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

KWILHELMY
Contributor
Contributor

I wholehearted agree. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE that paypal is sharing my purchase information with facebook. There should be ZERO reason for them to make money off this I don't use FB messenger because it is invasive and they collect data.  Class action lawsuit is in order. We should have had an option join and not joined by default.  

Just disgusting whoever decided this was okay. 

Login to Me Too

CelesteM
New Community Member

I have to agree with the poster who said she did not authorize Messenger to have access her PayPal info and does not want it. Me eaither! How did this happen, PayPal? I used PayPal to buy something and now it automatically ends up on Mesenger? This is at your doorstep, not Messenger's as Messenger didn't hijack my receipt, I'm sure. And if it did, then you have a security breach which IS STILL YOUR ISSUE. Fix this please, asap! 

Celeste

Login to Me Too

CelesteM
New Community Member

I have to agree with the poster who said she did not authorize Messenger to have access her PayPal info and does not want it. Me eaither! How did this happen, PayPal? I used PayPal to buy something and now it automatically ends up on Mesenger? This is at your doorstep, not Messenger's as Messenger didn't hijack my receipt, I'm sure. And if it did, then you have a security breach which IS STILL YOUR ISSUE. Fix this please, asap! 

Celeste

Login to Me Too

maverickentinc
Contributor
Contributor

I am definitely not happy about this addition. My paypal is a business product for me and my facebook/messenger is a personal one. Those two should not be crossing over without my consent. 

Login to Me Too

curlydog
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree. 

This is is an outrage. I've just been on the phone to them and they said it's a new feature. If they don't come up with a solution then I will have to terminate my PayPal account and stop using messenger. 

Login to Me Too

Rich9900
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal shouldn't even know *ANYTHING* about my Facebook account. Such a linking should require *VERY EXPLICIT* approval which was clearly not the case because I *WOULD NOT* have approved it. This is a very severe betrayal of trust by Paypal. I'll be complaining to Facebook as well. Not that I expect that they'll do much about it but hopefully if enough of us complain.

Login to Me Too

Solarex

What is the solution for disconnecting Paypal with FB messenger? I don't want my data sent to FB. The blocking message method is just a mask over the issue. I WILL STOP using PayPal until this is fixed.

Login to Me Too

KWILHELMY
Contributor
Contributor
This solution only mutes notifications. Facebook will still receive this data from PayPal . That way they can sell it and use it to market to you.. SHAME ON PAYPAL and Facebook!!!
Login to Me Too

Blarney77
Contributor
Contributor

I think you guys miss the point.  FB doesn't run Messenger.  MICROSOFT owns Messenger.  Maybe they own FB?  Not so sure.  But that means anything going to Messenger is going to Microsoft.  

Yeah, it's worse!

Just so ya know.

PayPal... You have **bleep** the pooch on this one.

Login to Me Too

Blarney77
Contributor
Contributor

Oh WOW... Even worse, PayPal customer Service does not even know this new "Program" even exists!!  They are acting like my outrage is misplaced and I have to be misunderstanding something.  WE ALL MUST CALL PAYPAL and let them know WE ARE **bleep**!!!

This is total abuse of security, totally NOT secure, and possibly illegal!!   Matter of Fact, I WILL be calling my state Atty. General!  Or maybe there is a class action lawsuit coming soon.  **bleep**, I might just START the **bleep** thing!!!

One REALLY ANGRY Long Time PayPal user.  Former promoter of PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.