How do I stop Notifications to messenger

Sangria
New Community Member

I accidentally linked my PayPal acct to my sons messenger account. How do I disable this? He is now getting messages from all my xmas purchases for him!

Login to Me Too
142 REPLIES 142

Oky
Contributor
Contributor
Ask PayPal
Login to Me Too

Oky
Contributor
Contributor
In order to stop receipts from going into messager you have to log out of Facebook
Login to Me Too

Oky
Contributor
Contributor
You would have to go back and log out of your Facebook
Login to Me Too

mamii13
Contributor
Contributor

Today, I received a Facebook message from Pay Pal saying "You’re all set! You are ready to use PayPal on Messenger. Thanks for linking your account!"  And "You agreed to have PayPal send you updates. Replying will allow PayPal to see info you've made public."  Now Pay Pal sends each transaction receipt in a Facebook message.

I don't recall authorizing this.  I want to undo it.

My Facebook settings do not show Pay Pal as a payment method.

My Pay Pal settings do not show Facebook or Messenger as a notification method.

I do not even have Messenger installed on any of my devices.

HOW DO I STOP THESE UNWANTED NOTIFICATIONS?

Login to Me Too

Shelby_R
New Community Member

I had the same problem. You can block the messages by clicking on the "gear" symbol and clicking "block messages". I'm curious to know more about the "linking" that the message refers to; how can I unlink PayPal and FB messenger?

I'm also curious to know if this has anything to do with Yahoo's recent security breach, as my (now changed) facebook login email was one of Yahoo's compromised ones.

Login to Me Too

bennyduke
New Community Member

Same problem. I blocked them. Super creepy. Makes me feel MUCH less secure with PayPal. I do not recal authorising communication between FB and PayPal and I cannot find a way to undo it.

Benny

Login to Me Too

Rich9900
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Totally not happy about this. I try to keep some separation between my various accounts for privacy reasons and also to prevent cross-application hacking. I presume this was some Paypal shady pre-filled checkbox shadiness. 

Login to Me Too

krausch
Contributor
Contributor

I just got one of these as well.  The email lets me unsubscribe from facebook but I wonder how the link got set in the first place and why PayPal doesn't have any settings (that I can find) to disconnect.

Login to Me Too

lael36
New Community Member

I have had this happen as well. I deliberately never use Facebook to log into ANYTHING, and all of a sudden I am getting notifications on Facebook about my PayPal transactions! I am so upset about this. Facebook is definitely Big Brother, and PayPal seems to be going that direction too!

Login to Me Too

wifeypoo
Contributor
Contributor

This question is all over the place.  Everyone seems to hate it and no one seems to know how to remedy it, including the never-helpful support team at PayPal.

I'm hoping against hope that someone out there has figured it out and can tell me.  

I found this link, but it refers to the old version of the app, which no longer exists, so the instructions don't work.:  https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-turn-off-receipt-notifications-within-facebook-m...

So, How can I stop Paypal notifications from going to facebook?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.