How Do I Get Shopping Cart Details???

the_running_doc
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to the "Download History" function??? I cannot figure out how to get any details for "shopping cart" transactions. Last year, I was able to download history and each item in the shopping cart was listed on the report. Now I get one line that says "shopping cart" and this is useless to me. I need to know each item that was purchased. The previous forum answer notes are pre-2016 and do not seem to apply anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

the_running_doc
Contributor
Contributor

After a lot of fumbling around, I answered my own question. With the new website design, the ability to show shopping cart items cannot be obtained by selecting "reports", then "transactions", then "download history". That route will give you a pre-formatted report without shopping details. Instead, you need to select the "activity" tab. On the main page, there is a tiny link in the upper right that says "download". If you click that link, you are able to select shopping cart details. For us older people who can barely see small print, this is not a very helpful user interface.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

the_running_doc
Contributor
Contributor

After a lot of fumbling around, I answered my own question. With the new website design, the ability to show shopping cart items cannot be obtained by selecting "reports", then "transactions", then "download history". That route will give you a pre-formatted report without shopping details. Instead, you need to select the "activity" tab. On the main page, there is a tiny link in the upper right that says "download". If you click that link, you are able to select shopping cart details. For us older people who can barely see small print, this is not a very helpful user interface.

Login to Me Too

beespectacled
New Community Member

Thanks for this update! I have been looking on and off for weeks. Not an "intuitive" layout at all.

Login to Me Too

er12125
New Community Member

thanks for your input.  I followed your steps and I saw that one of the options in the fields was indeed cart details.  I included it but when I ran the report it still did not list it.  I tried it several times but came up with nothing.  I find this so very frustrating I have spend hours searching everthing on Paypal, I can't believe that PAY pal makes it so difficult to run a report.  Unfortunately for me I need the info on the cart so I can see what inventory was sold.  I'm now forced to click on every tranasaction for the year and write down what each item sold.  If you come up with any other solution would love to hear it.

Login to Me Too

Redwings1233
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.