Having problems confirming my bank account??

abigailgh
Contributor
Contributor

So, this is my first time using PayPal. I went through the whole process to confirm my bank account; I put in my routing number and account number, and then confirmed it. I waited for nearly 3-4 days for it to make the little deposits/withdrawel, but it never happened. I finally get an email saying that PayPal had tried to make the deposits, but the deposits were returned because the bank didn't recognize my account number. I figured it was no biggie, since I have my account number memorized forwards and backwards, and sometimes I do put in a number wrong on accident from not double checking myself. So I went back to my wallet and stuff to try to link it again, but now when I try to do it (On my computer or the app on my phone) it either tells me something along the lines of "error" or "Instrument is currently marked as bad". Does anyone know how to fix this or undo it or something? It's driving me insane.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If the incorrect bank is already showing on your PayPal account did you try to remove it?  Did you check the routing and account numbers.

Login to Me Too

abigailgh
Contributor
Contributor

The account never linked to my PayPal. It isn't showing that I have one linked or anything): I'm not familiar with how PayPal works, so I'm not even sure how to check to see if anything is linked to my account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

Hi abigailgh,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience.  I recommend contacting us directly for further assistance.  

You can click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of any of our pages to get a phone number to reach us at, or you can contact us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/askpaypal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPal). We would be happy to take a look into what options that might be available to you.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.