HOW long does a name change take?!?!

Fazikku
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent copies of legal papers about my first name changing months ago. MONTHS. AGO. MORE THAN ONCE. And my name STILL hasn't changed. Just exactly how goddamn long does it take for these people to make such a simple thing as changing someone's first name happen??? It's not THAT hard.

Excuse my language but I'm getting really **bleep**ing mad at this unsatisfactory of a system when I can't even change my goddamn name to what it legally is. I am THIS close to closing the account and never ever touching this **bleep** site ever again.

Edit: Wow, they censor bad words. You're in luck.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Why was you legal name changed?  What is your current legal name and want was your previous legal name?  What name did you use to open your PalPal account?

Login to Me Too

Fazikku
Contributor
Contributor

I changed my name due to gender reasons. My previous name/deadname does not exist and thus will not be discussed. That name was the one I opened the account with.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you opened your PayPal account with a fake name and fake gender then you have a problem which is not likely to be fixable.  If the name on the account is not and was never your legal name, then that means the account holder does not realliy.

You should phone PayPal support to see if they can identify you.

Login to Me Too

Fazikku
Contributor
Contributor

"Fake name", "fake gender". What the absolute hell?? My gender has not legally changed, only my name has. The name I opened the account with WAS my LEGAL NAME, until I legally changed it to my current one. There is nothing ""fake"" about that.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Fazikku

You state that "my previous name does not exist".  That would mean it was fake.

You are not exposing the details of your name and gender changes; this leads to questions about your real name and the name on your account.

Login to Me Too

Fazikku
Contributor
Contributor

By saying that, I mean that my previous name does not exist ANYMORE, because I had it legally changed over a year ago. It was a VERY REAL name, back when I had it.

My gender does not matter when it comes to the issue of updating the name on my account to what it currently and legally is.

Login to Me Too

angelliu18
New Community Member

i asked for a name change in september 2017. it is now december 2017 and i havent even gotten a replay yet. I am EXTREEMLY upset. 

Login to Me Too

HypnaFractyl
New Community Member

Ilegally changed my surname a few months ago, and now I need to attach a new bank account (which has my new name)to my paypal. To do so, the name of my paypal account has to match the name on my Bank account.

I have uploaded all the information, but then lack of any kind of confirmation, any kind of reurn email letting me know my application was recieved made me a bit concerned... and now it seems it could take months??

This seems very strange. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.