[HELP] my nationality is wrongly setup on account creation

PGH30
New Community Member

Hello,

I am from Romania and I have funded my newly created paypal account with 100 euro to buy a gaming server from Ebay.

When I've created my paypal account  it took under nationality the option of UNITED STATES

is it by default or possible an error from my side?

All my id card, adress proof and everything are from Romania and I have provided all proofs needed, however the nationality is of UNITED STATES which is erronated.

Can this be fixed please? I already funded my paypal account and the 100 euro are stucked there... 

I really hope something can be done.

Please advice and thanks in advance!

kind regards,

George Anghel

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PGH30
New Community Member

an update:

Paypal did not allowed me to sign up my country of residence, by default the first box when signing up was locked to UNITED STATES, the steps I have completed are bellow:

1. full name: Anghel George

2:  adress: street Costache Dascalu nr 6

3: town: Fetesti

4: State: IL >>>> this is the error, my Romanian state (county) is IALOMITA with the short IL just like Ilinois???

Therefore I have chosen IL just as it is in my id card but in the end it proved to be UNITES STATES because there is no other option for signing up.

Therefore, the confusion I believe took place is:

a) new signings are locked to US citizen only? I never had any option to select my country (I have just double checked now on registering)

b) I was not warned/aware of any of these errors and hopefully I can recover my 100 euro and close the account or fix my nationality on this account.

thanks and let me know

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My guess is that you originally created your account as U. S., perhaps not noticing that you had to select a country before state (IL).   Once the U. S. site was selected there will NOT an option to change and IL will always be the state.

You can't change the country, so you will need a create a new account for your country and makes sure the country is correct for continuing.

You will need to contact PayPal customer service to take care of the icnorrect setup; this is really important and should probably be completed before setting up a new account.

Click on the "contact" link at the bottom of the page for options.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.