HELP ME lol

wise-kershner
New Community Member
alright so i recieved a payment from the gazelle site; I withdrew the money from my paypal account, however I messed up and sent the money to an old card i havent used in years. The transfer is still pending, is there anyway I can cancel the transaction so I can transfer the funds the right account?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @wise-kershner

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this happened with your transfer request! 😞

Once a withdrawal is made, we're unable to cancel it, but fear not! I have good news! 🙂

Typically when a withdrawal is made to a closed bank account or card, the financial institution or card issuer will reject the money and send it back to PayPal. Once PayPal receives the money back, we'll place it in the account holder's PayPal balance. 

Depending on which method you used, this can take up to 7 business days. We'll also send an email when the money comes back to us and is posted back to your PayPal balance. 

I'd recommend keeping an eye on your PayPal balance and your email for updates. If 7 business days pass and you don't receive an update, please reach out to customer support for further assistance. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

I hope this helps!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.