Getting notices of PayPal inquiries that aren't mine

wworthey
New Community Member

Why do I keep getting emails that there is activity and email inquiries re: my PayPal account BUT I'm not using it or making inquiries?  Rhetorical question but really think I'm being hacked, the full effect of which hasn't hit me yet.   I was also recently also charged for a purchase (approx $100) I didn't make and it took a long time and lot of effort to get it resolved.  I was unable to find an actual person to talk to which unfortunately made this a greater effort than it needed to be.  Any thought on being able to keep the account open but get more responsiveness and helpful customer service?  Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

When working with PayPal or other businesses, getting to speak with the right person is the luck of the draw - some people will go over and above to resolve an issue while others take a route of least resistance.

Since you have had an issue with your account, have you changed your password and security questions ?   If no, you should do that right away.  Another thing to consider is setting up a security key, it's basically two-step authentication whereas everytime you login, you will get a code via your phone, you would then enter that code to continue to your account.  Here's some info on this. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.