Frustrated every step of the way!

KPKeelan
Contributor
Contributor

PP keeps sending me email saying I need to resolve a security issue. Tried many times but I CANNOT REACH THEM ONLINE OR BY PHONE. When I try to log in, I find my keychain does not remember the password. But I CANNOT request a new PW because after answering security questions they want further verification by means that DO NOT work for me. They want to send a text or call me on a phone that DOES NOT WORK IN IRELAND, where I am now. The alternative is to send an email to a second email address I HAVE NOT USED IN YEARS. Tried to call them but this phone WILL NOT MAKE OVERSEAS CALLS. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KPKeelan

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.