Flawed Identification form to confirm identity

marekant
Contributor
Contributor

I was told my identity has to be confirmed. I'm happy with that.

I answered all the questions  name, dob, address and was told my details don't match the records at Paypal

The address fields on the form are :-

Flat Number (optional)

Building Number (optional )

Building Name ( optional )

Street Name

Town/District

Postcode

I have a standard address   ...   [number] [street] {town] [postscode]

It is a flat , so when I put my flat number, the form says "Please enter Building number" So I enter my flat number as that is the official mail address, and then the form tells me I have entered incorrect details and to try again, so I did,  and was locked out and have had to scan and upload a copy of my passport.

Could someone working on the back end of the ID process please look at that form. I know I will be approved, but it shouldn't have to be so hard?

How can three fields be shown as optional but if you don't complete them, the form prompts you to enter an answer ?

Thanks

Marek

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

marekant
Contributor
Contributor

Having scanned and uploaded a copy of my passport I am now asked to verify my address by scanning and sending a copy of an offcial document showing my address.

This was the source of the problem. The fact that the ID form will not allow me to input my address the way it is shown on my profile.

I do hope a Paypal volunteer will check this ?

Marek

Login to Me Too

Mightyman
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I have just encountered the same ridiculous confirmation form over two years later!

Login to Me Too

lichfieldpc
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, our account has just been limited because I'm unable to complete this step of the identification verification process. Is there any way around it? Our address is in standard UK format.

Login to Me Too

Mightyman
Contributor
Contributor

I still have yet to find a way and have been told my account will be limited or locked before the year is up unless I confirm my identity?! I'll probably just end up trying to contact them directly if no other solution reveals itself. It seems absurd that something like this could be overlooked.

Login to Me Too

lichfieldpc
Contributor
Contributor

I've just spoken to the contact centre on the phone and the chap was able to fill in that information for me. Hopefully the account will be sorted in the next 24 hours. It still doesn't excuse the fact that the page is faulty and needs fixing.

Login to Me Too

Mightyman
Contributor
Contributor

So did he accept that you were unable to fill it in due to a fault on their end? I keep thinking it must be some fault on our end like perhaps a browser compatibility issue as this has clearly been an ongoing problem. It's also odd how there is virtually nothing about it online as if we are the only ones to have run into the issue.

Login to Me Too

Mmadu

I encountered the exact same problem a few minutes ago and was able to resolve it by putting a space in the section for Street Number. I then clicked next and got a message indicating that the limit on my account had been lifted. I hope this works for anyone else with a UK account who finds themselves faced with this problem.  Kind regards.

Login to Me Too

waxdaddy
New Community Member

I can't quite believe this is still a problem in 2017. Whoever developed this form should be shot. Just some helpful form validation would help like telling you the post code should be in all CAPS and that street number and building number are the same thing... shockingly bad but then that is nothing new for paypal who still have an address for me on file from 2006 that I can't remove lol

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.